Surah Ad Duha is a maki surah and the meaning of this surah is “The Morning Hours”. This Surah was revealed when Hazrat Muhammad was going through a very tense and stressful days. When he was left behind by his tribesmen, friends and family. The period of revelation was too long. Hazrat Muhammad thinks that Allah will be angry with him because of which there is no revelation. Then surah ad Duha came and it was just soothing for his every pain caused by people.
Narrated by Jundub
“Once the Prophet (SAW)fell ill and did not offer the night prayer (Tahajjud prayer) for a night or two. A woman (the wife of Abu Lahab) came to him and said, “O Muhammad ! I do not see but that your Satan has left you.”
Then Allah revealed (Surat-Ad-Duha): ‘By the fore-noon, and by the night when it darkens (or is still); Your Lord has not forsaken you, nor hated you.’
(Sahi ul Bukhari)
Whenever you recite the Surah ad Duha you will see it change your life. Whenever you are depressed or anxious, listen to this surah and you will feel very calm. If you have lost anything, read this Surah and you will find it.
مَا وَدَّعَكَ رَبُّكَ وَمَا قَلَىٰ
“Your Lord has not taken leave of you, [O Muhammad], nor has He detested [you].
This is a very beautiful surah. In this verse Allah says to Hazrat Muhammad that I am with you and I will never leave you. Reading it will take away all your worries.
Some benefits of surah ad Duha that change your life:-
- Surah ad Duha is for depression, the most amazing surah in the Quran that tells you to be positive.
- Recite surah ad Duha daily if you want reassurance from Allah.
- If you are hopeless do recite this surah it gives you hope you feel better and positive.
- Even if you lose something, and if you read this surah, you will find it easily.
- If you recite this Surah to a person who is lost, he will easily return home.
- It also inspires us for the hereafter.
- Reciting surah ad Duha takes away all your worries.
- Whoever recites Surah Ad Duha, on the Day of Resurrection it will be a source of forgiveness and his virtue will be ten times more than that.
فَاَمَّا الۡيَتِيۡمَ فَلَا تَقۡهَرۡؕ ﴿ ۹﴾
“ So do not be harsh on orphans”
In this verse, Allah forbids us to oppress the orphans. Muhammad was an orphan. The people harassed him when the revelation was not revealed. Allah forbid to oppress the orphans.
وَ لَسَوْفَ یُعْطِیْكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضٰىؕ(۵)
“ And most surely your Lord will give you so much that you will be well pleased.”
In this verse Allah is assuring Muhammad that soon Allah will give him so much that he will be happy. Reading this verse also fulfills many needs and if you are in any trouble you read this verse all the time you will see for yourself all your worries will go away automatically.
Simply this surah helps a lot in your bad time. It’s a surah of happiness, love of Allah and assurance in hopelessness. Nowadays you can learn Quran online and all surah of Quran easily.